We will use this for gym updates and changes due to the Covid 19 Virus.
July 16 Update
As you know, the world is being overwhelmed by the coronavirus, COVID-19.
While the hype is certainly real, the severity of this outbreak cannot be ignored.
Our #1 priority is your health. We are taking extra precautions at the gym to help keep you and your loved ones safe.
Remember that all members now have access to NC30 which are awesome body weight workouts you’ll be able to do at home. We’ll be keeping an eye on updates and make sure we keep you in the loop.
For now – What we need from you:
1. DO NOT COME INTO THE GYM SICK. Or “kinda icky” if you have any symptoms of illness, stay home. Same for your kids.
2. WASH YOUR HANDS. First thing, when you come in, please wash your hands with soap and water. Dry them with a paper towel. After your workout, wash those hands again. This is not a joke. This is mandatory.
3. PAPER TOWELS. We’re asking that you move to paper towels for all things. We’ll go back to our cloths to wipe down equipment and saving the environment later but for now, single-use paper towels are the best choice.
4. INCREASED CLEANING. Coaches will be increasing their cleaning and we ask that you make sure you’re wiping down every single thing you touch during a workout when you’re done with it. PVC pipes, barbells, kettle bells, wall balls, rowers, bikes, etc. If you touch it – it NEEDS to be wiped down.
5. NO MORE FIST BUMPS and HANDSHAKES and HIGHFIVES. We love to celebrate too – but let’s just not touch each other for a while.
6. KEEP YOUR DISTANCE – we ask that during workouts and even after we try to stay about six feet away from others.
7. NO SIGNING IN ON THE COMPUTER. Coaches will sign you in up front or on their phone or you can sign in on your own phone. That’s an easy Petri-dish to stay away from for a while.
8. FAN STAYS OFF. We know its getting warmer and we’ll be keeping the bay door open during classes but the fan will remain off to reduce the potential risk of any germs spreading for now.
9. BRING YOUR OWN WATER the water fountain is another Petri-dish we can avoid, so we’re going to. The water fountain is out of commission for now. Feel free to bring your own water, or buy a drink out of the fridge.
10. WHEN IT COMES TO THE KIDS. We know that some schools are shutting down for a couple weeks, but if you’re able to leave your children at home when you come in for a workout, we ask that you do. If you cannot we will be strictly enforcing children remaining in the childcare room before, during, and after class.
11. NO CHILDREN SHOULD BE RUNNING AROUND THE GYM, PERIOD.
12. KEEPING DOGS AT HOME. As much as we love having our furry friends with us – we want to minimize the risk of spreading any germs and with everyone giving the pups pets and getting kisses – they’ll have to stay away for now.
13. OPEN GYM. For now we’ll be restricting open gym hours to be in line with class times. Please make sure you’re also washing your hands before & after your workout and wiping down every single thing you touch down. Open gym will be open from (5:30 AM-6:30 AM, 8:00AM-10:00AM, 4:30-7:30PM Monday-Friday, and from 9:00-11:00AM on Saturdays) NO EXCEPTIONS.
14. AGAIN, NO ONE IS COMING TO THE GYM SICK. Not coaches, not members, not their kids – if you have someone sick at home you should stay home too.
Our promise to you is that we’ll continue to over-prepare and under-react and be a safe and happy place for everyone.
Thank you for your patience, the entire CFD staff wants to serve and protect this community and if you have ideas/concerns, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
This is a great example of why you as members coming in regularly and keeping healthy, taking care of your body, and training your respiratory system is all paying off. However, the concern is that you can all still carry the virus and the last thing we want is to spread something to the higher risk population. Especially for our members and staff who have people that are higher risk at home.
• SHOWER. Shower prior to touching anyone in your house or sitting/laying on any furniture when you get home.
• TRAINING AND RECOVERY. For those doing two a days or opting out of rest days we recommend you cut back to one a days and at least two rest days (NOT ACTIVE RECOVERY DAYS) a week. This is not the time to be exceeding your body’s capacity and over working yourself. Which can compromise your immune system and ability to fight illnesses.
Let’s continue to be diligent in our cleanliness not only for ourselves but for our entire gym family.
Check the CDC for the latest information.
Hey Live Ready Fitness family,
We wanted to use this page to talk a little about health.
Whether the world is experiencing a global pandemic or not, your immune system is the first line of defense against any type of sickness.
A strong immune system plays a huge role in whether a person gets sick, how long sickness lasts, and sometimes, whether a person survives or not.
Let's run through a few points...
...to remind everyone what they can do to keep those immune systems fired up.
- Breath. Your breath is incredible and the most important tool for good health. It is your foundation. If you know nothing of breath work, you’ll find safety information HERE and a breathwork exercise HERE.
- Sleep. Sleep is a place for recovery. For the best sleep:
- Turn off screens and dampen the lighting in your home 2-3 hours before bed.
- Stop eating 2-3 hours before bed. Digestion is work. We don’t work while we sleep.
- Very light breath work as you are lying down to fall asleep
- Mushrooms. Reishi, Turkey Tail, and Agarikon mushrooms/supplements have been shown to have incredible effects on human immune systems.
- Nutrition. I’ll leave this one to Michael Pollan – “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”
- Water. Do it. Start every day with a cold shower, an ice bath, a cold water douse, etc. Trust me on this. And drink plenty of it. You’re made of it.
Please reach out with any questions, comments, concerns or ideas.